Birthmarks are pretty much similar to what they sound like. Yes, these marks exist on the human skin from the time they were born and these pretty common. Do you know around 1 in 10 babies have a vascular birthmark present by age 1?
So far the real reason behind their occurrence is not clear. As per the experts these are not hereditary and can occur in different shapes, sizes and colors. While they can show up anywhere on the skin, these can be as little and pale as that one might not even notice them. On the contrary, there are birthmarks which are quit bigger and turn up to purple, red, or black color. Of course, these are loud and visible, especially if they are on face, hand, arms, neck, feet, etc.
Though there is no such risk of having large birthmarks, yet they can make one feel embarrass. In some cases, these tend to go away with passage of time but there can be some rigid ones which stick around your whole life.
Does your birthmark bother you a lot? Is it becoming a reason for embarrassment?
“I was in school when kids around me started making fun of those red markings on my left hand. As it was on the upper section of hand, near my wrist, and big, it was difficult to hide. For years I refrained from wearing short sleeve dresses. But this wasn’t helpful for long. I was feeling depressed after trying all sort of removal ointments and solutions. When nothing worked, it was my best friend to suggest me for getting it tattooed. Though I wasn’t convinced much in the beginning, yet when I had a conversation with my tattoo artist, I was quite confident. He assured the results will be pretty satisfying and I must go for the same. And I am thankful to both (my friend and artist). Now the mark which I used to hate has turned into a tattoo which makes me happy.”
There’s no denying to the fact that birthmarks make people self conscious. The good thing is that now you with help of a tattooistthere are many people who have successfully covered their birthmarks. Not only this works well for hiding the undesirable mark but also it help regain the much needed self-confidence. Checkout some of the most amazing work done by tattoo artists across the globe for covering such imperfections.
Ways to Use Tattoos to Cover Your Birthmarks
- You will be amazed to see how perfectly the potato head tattoo is covering that mole. No more worries for that patchy birthmark.
- In a very beautiful way these lovely couples of roses cover up that dark birthmark on the arm.
- When it comes to adding grace, nothing works better than rose. And this tattoo sets a great example to make that unsightly mark into something classy.
- Have a flair for writing? Nothing could be deep and profound to take away the attention from ugly birthmark than this one.
- What about making your birthmark turn into a natural scenery kind of tattoo?
- If the mark is tricky, just draw the map of something and create a tattoo which appeals.
- Have some mark on ankle? The simplest thing to do is add some charming flowers, might be colorful to change the look.
- Now you can wear this Mandala kind of design and hide your birthmark, altogether. Isn’t it pretty?
- Get the night with stars on your skin to hide away that birthmark forever.
- If not rose, then you can go for another beautiful flower – lotus. You artist can show his creative side with some meaningful lines around it.
- Not only women but men too want their birthmarks to be hidden. For more masculine look, go for creatures like the phoenix or dragon and cover up your birthmark easily.
- Panda are amazing and everyone loves them. Let one of them be there on your skin in a form of such cute tattoo which can also make your birthmark disappear.
- Want to steal away the show, meanwhile covering your mark? Consider a heart tattoo which is quite simple and charming.
- Another amazing idea to make the birthmark the center of attraction with help of this flower tattoo!
- This is something really cute. A sitting panda has a lot to say.
- Isn’t it cool ideas to turn that birthmark into hairdo part of the fanciful tattoo? Get this half-woman and half-butterfly image inked over your skin.
- Now you can also get the cretin from the swamp done with this really adorable design.
- When you want a purposeful tattoo, you can turn that mark into a turtle.
- A birthmark can be transformed into a lump your tattoo artist is trying to catch.
- Nothing beats the beauty of flower centered to disguise the mark.
- For the scattered and big marks, you can trust on the maps and they never disappoint you.
- A very viable idea is to use the shape of the birthmark to find out the shape of your tattoo design.
- Use a map to disguise the mark you always want to hide.
- Extensive mapping comes to your rescue when nothing seems to be working.
- This one is a real example of the imagination of the artist.
- Why not link your mark with some good luck? Let the tortoise add some charm.
- Try packman and the dot it eats for a quirky look.
- The Oliphant can help you do great when it comes to the birthmark.
So these were some of the amazing transformations. In case, you too wish to cover up your birthmark, you have some good ideas. However, getting a tattoo is indeed an important decision. You need to understand that these are permanent and will be there to stay forever. Hence, before
What To Know Before Getting Your Birthmark Tattooed?
For those looking forward to getting a tattoo, here are 3essential things to understand. Have a look:
- Think before ink:You need to decide wisely on the fact whether you can live with the selected tattoo design on your body for the rest of your life or not. As stated these are permanent, getting them removed will be more problematic. Make your mind, discuss with your artist, and then step ahead.
- Choose a reputed artist: As you are getting a mark covered, you will never desire for another one to occur. For this, make sure you get in touch with a reliable and reputed tattooist. He must have done some cover ups, preferably for birthmarks.
- Prepare for the pain: Yes, tattooing is painful. It involves use of needle to insert ink beneath your skin. In order to keep pain at bay, you must keep a numbing cream handy. Application of a solution like Numb can help you get inked without suffering. It comes with 5% lidocaine which is a numbing agent. When applied to the skin, it works by blocking the pain signals at the nerve endings. Simply, it will desensitize your skin for three to four hours. And you can undergo the process without bearing any discomfort.