When it come the most heavily tattooed countries, the list might surprise you. It was found in the survey that Italy has the highest percent of tattooed people. The number has gone up to 48%. And the next two aren’t much far behind. Yes, following Italy are Sweden and the USA, having 47% and 46% people with a tattoo, respectively. So it is clear that tattoos don’t come with a shock value like they once used to be.
Planning to get a tattoo? Not sure which style to prefer?
If you are in the search ofthe finest and prettiest tattoo design, and you want some ‘always visible’ tattoo, neck tattoos have your answer. As these cannot be covered up by clothing, you will be able to flaunt your style the way you desired.
Where can you place your neck tattoos?
Checkout the 3 types of specific locations for placement of your tattoos:
- Back of the neck: This one is also referred to nape and is the most popular location for neck tattoos. It serves to be an attractive location for placement of tattoos such as flowers or even textual patterns.
- Side of the neck: If not at the back of your neck, you can place at the back of your ears, or side of your neck. It is the perfect location for designs including zodiac, hearts, stars, and small symbols.
- Front of the neck: Coming to the least popular neck tattoo locations, front place is avoided for many reasons. One of them is that it proves impossible to cover up, if required in the future.
Are neck tattoos painful?
Regardless of the design and location you choose, there are great chances for you to experience high level pain and discomfort with neck tattooing. This is all due to the nature of the tattooing process. Hence, you have to be ready for this situation and this is possible with a numbing cream.
Yes, you can trust a topical anesthetic solution like Dr. Numb to make neck tattoos pain free. Reason being, it is a lidocaine based cream which produces a numbing sensation. This cream comes with 5% lidocaine, a numbing agent, which helps desensitizing your skin for around three to four hours. Simply, you can have a neck tattoo job without hurting yourself.
What to do for neck tattoo aftercare?
The best way out is to follow your artist’s advice. Besides, here is a list of don’ts to follow. Have a quick read:
- You must keep your tattoo away from a full force faucet.
- If you are taking a shower, don’t let the water hit the tattoo directly.
- While taking a bath be careful and don’t submerge the tattoo in the water.
- If you are using any ointment, don’t coat the surface of the tattoo too thick. This will suffocate the skin and cause it to scab.
- Do not re-bandage your neck tattoo yourself.
- Avoid using soaps or cleaners with additives like skin softeners, special scents, etc. Choose water-based products and non-petroleum based product.
- Keep away sponges, paper towels, washcloths, cotton balls, or anything else. Trust your fingers to clean your tattoos.
- Say a strict no to rubbing, scratching, scrubbing, picking, etc.
What next? Want some neck tattoo ideas? Checkout the next blog